A rituitrijkaartInstead of a fine, you can also choose to buy a rituitrijkaart (ride exit ticket). The rituitrijkaart is seen as an agreement between carrier and traveller. This allows you to finish the ride and avoid a (more expensive) fine.
You must pay a rituitrijkaart directly with debit card and costs € 35.00. If you are unable to pay due to circumstances, you will still be fined.
Objection procedureDo you disagree with your fine? Then you can only object in writing if you can substantiate and demonstrate with facts and evidence that the fine was wrongly imposed. You must submit this within 7 days of being fined.
Mail the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your argument: Why is the fine unjustified? Why are you eligible for leniency?
- The invoice number.
- Copy of your ticket (such as e-ticket or public transport chip card).
- An overview of your travel products, showing for example which subscription you have
- An overview of your travel history. You can request this via your account at www.ov-chipkaart.nl
When does it make no sense to object?In the following cases, an objection will always be rejected and will therefore not be processed further:
- You are traveling on credit and forgot to check in
- You travel on account afterwards, for example with Schiphol Flex and forgot to check in
- You are traveling on credit, but did not have enough credit on your OV chip card
- You have made a trip with someone else's OV Chipkaart
- You have not been able to demonstrate that you are legally using a specific travel product that requires additional identification, for example a company or Schiphol pass.
- You travel with an invalid ticket (for example, a ticket from yesterday) or travel on a day or time that falls outside your travel product (e.g. student week card and you travel at the weekend or you travel outside off-peak hours).
- You have received warnings or right to show you before.
Getting on and off
Delay is sometimes inevitable. But we try to do what we can. Together with you. Read how you can contribute.
In the bus
- Raise your hand at the bus stop as soon as your bus approaches. This indicates that you want to travel with the bus. Particularly important at bus stops used by several bus lines.
- Have your OV-chipkaart, ticket or debit card creditcard ready. This will make things move faster.
- No valid ticket? Keep your debit or credit card ready so you can pay the bus driver.
- A valid ticket prevents a fine and delays for other travellers during the issuing of the fine.
- Let the driver know in advance that you want to disembark. Use the stop button to do this. The bus driver can then reduce the speed in time to gently stop at the bus stop. Leave the bus as soon as possible (of course, do this safety).
- Do not cross the street in front of the bus. This way the bus can leave on time.
In the train
- Let passengers in the train get off before you board.
- Don't hinder other passengers with boarding and disembarking.
- Do not get in or out after the whistle is blown. This causes delays and is also dangerous. The doors will close and the train will start moving.