A pleasant journey is not only a matter of clear rules as well as common sense. To make sure that everyone has a safe and pleasant trip, we set out travel rules.
A rituitrijkaartInstead of a fine, you can also choose to buy a rituitrijkaart (ride exit ticket). The rituitrijkaart is seen as an agreement between carrier and traveller. This allows you to finish the ride and avoid a (more expensive) fine.
You must pay a rituitrijkaart directly with debit card and costs € 35.00. If you are unable to pay due to circumstances, you will still be fined.
Please note: when you buy a rituitrijkaart, you cannot appeal. If you are convinced that the fine is unjustified, it is better to accept the fine and then lodge an objection later.
Objection procedureYou can object to a fine. If you submit an objection, you must send the following information to our customer service department:
- Argumentation as to why the fine is unjustified or whether you qualify for leniency
- A copy of the fine
- A copy of your ticket (such as e-ticket or OV-chipkaart)
- Possibly an overview of your travel history from ov-chipkaart.nl
Getting on and off
Delay is sometimes inevitable. But we try to do what we can. Together with you. Read how you can contribute.
In the bus
- Raise your hand at the bus stop as soon as your bus approaches. This indicates that you want to travel with the bus. Particularly important at bus stops used by several bus lines.
- Have your OV-chipkaart, ticket or debit card creditcard ready. This will make things move faster.
- No valid ticket? Keep your debit or credit card ready so you can pay the bus driver.
- A valid ticket prevents a fine and delays for other travellers during the issuing of the fine.
- Let the driver know in advance that you want to disembark. Use the stop button to do this. The bus driver can then reduce the speed in time to gently stop at the bus stop. Leave the bus as soon as possible (of course, do this safety).
- Do not cross the street in front of the bus. This way the bus can leave on time.
In the train
- Let passengers in the train get off before you board.
- Don't hinder other passengers with boarding and disembarking.
- Do not get in or out after the whistle is blown. This causes delays and is also dangerous. The doors will close and the train will start moving.