CreditAt all Valleilijn stations you will find ticket machines where you can top-up the credit on your OV-chipkaart. You have to have at least € 20 credit on your OV-chipkaart to be able to travel with a Valleilijn train.
Activate a new OV-chipkaartSince 1 June 2018 it has been possible to travel with an train without having to activate your new OV-chipkaart in advance. But for trips with the Valleilijn, one-time activation is still necessary!
Activation can be done two different ways.
- Put credit on your OV-chipkaart via a NS ticket machine at a train station*.
- Is there sufficient credit on your OV-chipkaart? Then hold your OV-chipkaart in front of the reader of the NS card machine at a train station*. Then follow the instructions on the screen.
Subscriptions and discount cardsThe following subscriptions and discount cards can be used when travelling with the Valleilijn:
- Student travel product
- Annual public transport subscription
- NS subscription Altijd Vrij, Dal Vrij and Weekend Vrij
Please note: make sure you have at least € 10 on your OV-chipkaart. If you have less credit the OV-chipkaart readers will not recognise the Valleilijn subscriptions.
- NS discount cards Dal Voordeel and Altijd Voordeel
These also offer discount on the Valleilijn train.
- NS subscription Traject Vrij
You can buy a Traject Vrij for a route on the Valleilijn but also for a route from a Valleilijn station to an NS station.
- Day tickets of offers from, for example, HEMA, Kruidvat and AH